Jorge Escobar Tovar
Project Manager | CSM & CSPO | Web Developer
Professional Objective: Offer my services as a Project Manager in an international company where my knowledge in project management could be enriched in a short term as well as acquiring new positions and responsibilities within it.
La Arboleda avenue w/n Condominium Roble #37, Toluca State of Mexico.
(55) 1510 2135 - (722) 196 4347
Tepeyac's University - Bachelor of Computer Information Systems
Class of 2003 - 2007
Scrum Alliance - Certified Scrum Master. URL License here
Scrum Alliance - Certified Scrum Product Owner. URL License here
Project Manager - Digital Platforms Coordinator
2010 - Present
National Geographic Learning | Cengage Learning, Full-time, www.cengage.com.mx
Leading teams of 10 to 15 people outside the company in each project and manage people from different departments inside of the company.
• Lead the development and implementation of digital projects in Latin America such as:
+ The first digital library of Cengage Learning Latin America.
+ The first digital store of Cengage Learning Latin America.
+ The first iOS app V1 of Cengage Learning Latin America.
+ The first online test generator V1 of Cengage Learning Latin America.
+ The first online pacement test of Cengage Learning Latin America.
• Manage projects from conception to implementation.
• Define activities, efforts and time estimates for create, adapt or translate any project.
• Create and supervise work plans for simultaneous projects.
• Constant communication with all areas involved.
• Convene meetings, generation and tracking memos.
• Vendor Management and Budget for project.
• Support the publishing area in creating new content for existing and new platforms.
• Assist in the analysis and construction budget for the creation of new content on new platforms
• Assist in communication between publisher and Platform Manager.
2009 - 2010
Quick Leaning, Full-time, www.quicklearning.com.mx
• Develop a system of school control for the entire University.
• Update and optimize company websites.
• Develop a reporting application and support tickets.
• Modify and improve online English lessons for Quick Learning.
• Provide support and maintenance to the servers.
2008 - 2009
Innova, Full-time, www.inova.com.mx
• Develop, Design and manage databases from all websites of the company such as www.inova.com.mx, www.innovashop.tv and www.shoplatinotv.com, all shopping carts.
Scrum, PMI, MS Project, MS Visio, Jira, Trello & WBS Chart
ADVANCED, 5 years
ADVANCED, 9 years
Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash & Dreamweaver
ADVANCED, 9 years
Courses and Additional Knowledge
Diplomaed - PMP PMBok 5th edition - Stratominds
May to October 2014
Certified Scrum Product Owner - Scrum Alliance
Project Management Professional - InterSoftware
Certified Scrum Master - Scrum Alliance
C# Programming - IT Professional
ADO .NET Programming - IT Professional
Flash CS4 I - IT Professional
Flash CS4 II - IT Professional
PHP y MySQL - Tepeyac's University
April to May 2008
November 2006 to March 2007
English - Speaking 90% - Writing 90% - Listening 90%
Tepeyac's University Language Center
Portuguese - Speaking 50% - Writing 50% - Listening 50%
Cengage Learning Language Center